Explore the community: The Bridges Country Club at Rancho Santa Fe, CAPOSTED ON February 13, 2023
Are you planning to buy a home in a luxury golf community? If you’re partial to California, the town of Rancho Santa Fe is one of the best spots worth checking, particularly The Bridges Club at Rancho Santa Fe. What exactly do the club and community offer? Let’s find out below.
About Rancho Santa Fe, CALocated in San Diego, California’s North County, Rancho Santa Fe is an acclaimed residential community catering primarily to affluent residents. The community lies along rolling hills with natural shade from acres of orchards and eucalyptus trees. The town occupies roughly 6.8 square miles and has been a census-designated place (CDP) since 1980. This means that Rancho Santa Fe is an unincorporated community that doesn’t have legally defined boundaries. Instead, it features some of the best elements that make an affluent suburban community.
HistoryRancho Santa Fe is home to a population of 3,164 with an annual growth rate of 0.13%. The town has quite an interesting history that dates back to the 1800s. At that time, the land where the town currently stands was home to the local Kumeyaay Indian communities. Over the next two centuries, the town went under Spanish, Mexican, and American rulers. One of the town’s key turning points was between 1906 to 1917 when the Santa Fe Land Improvement Company bought all the lands that made up San Dieguito, Santa Fe’s forerunner. Being a subsidiary of the Santa Fe Railway, the company reshaped the area by planting 3.5 million eucalyptus trees, which they intended to harvest to make new railroad ties. However, things turned out differently as the eucalyptus wood was too hard for workers to hammer spikes into. As a result, the Santa Fe Land Improvement Company opted to develop the property instead. The project first had to go deal with challenges, particularly the flooding problem in the area. The most significant solution presented was the construction of Lake Hodges Dam. After its completion in 1917, the dam helped prepare the area for residential development. By 1921, Santa Fe filed a subdivision map created by engineer and land expert Leon Sinnard. The map featured land parcels both big and small. It also showcased a key development called the “Village.” As more commercial buildings were added to the growing community, Santa Fe decided to drop the name Rancho San Dieguito and replace it with Rancho Santa Fe.
EducationFamilies in Rancho Santa Fe don’t have to worry about finding good schools for their children as it is home to several institutions offering top-notch education at different levels. Niche.com ranked Rancho Santa Fe #6 among “Places with the Best Public Schools in America.” It also earned top-rank honors for “Places with the Best Public Schools in California.” You can enroll your kids in any of these best-performing schools:
- R. Roger Rowe Elementary School
- Canyon Crest Academy
- San Dieguito High Academy
- Torrey Pines High School
AttractionsResidents and visitors can enjoy myriad attractions within the Rancho Santa Fe area, including:
- Rancho Santa Fe Art Gallery. This gallery showcases the work of local artists. In fact, the Rancho Santa Fe Art Guild was created to support the town’s visual artists and generate funds for art education and art programs in schools.
- Coronado Island. If you’re searching for a place for a weekend of unwinding, Coronado Island in San Diego County is the place to be. Located across San Diego Bay, this resort island is home to Coronado Beach, once regarded as the country’s best beach.
- San Diego Zoo Safari Park. For an activity that’ll bring the entire family closer to nature, a trip to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park is a must. What used to be “San Diego Wild Animal Park” back in the day, the facility boasts 1,800 acres of space. It makes the park one of the largest attractions in all of San Diego. Species from Europe, Asia, South Africa, Australia, and South America add to the park’s appeal.
- The Bridges Club at Rancho Santa Fe. Nestled right in the heart of Rancho Santa Fe, the Bridges is a 540-acre gated golfing community. It takes the words “golfing community” to another level because of the natural beauty of its terrain. Olive trees, citrus groves, and a variety of vegetation complement the rolling hills, lakes, creeks, and canyons. Aside from bringing you closer to nature, the club has all the luxurious amenities you’d expect from a top-notch golfing community.
A closer look at the homes in The Bridges Club at Rancho Santa Fe
Average home pricesThe median sales price of homes in Rancho Santa Fe as of August 2022 was $1.5 million. For homes in The Bridges, the median listed price stood at $5.45 million. A 4-bedroom, 4-½ bath, 3,300-square-foot property sells at around $3.6 million. Meanwhile, a 5,800-square-foot house with the same number of bedrooms and baths can cost around $5.5 million. If you’re looking for something bigger, like a 10,000-square-foot mansion, there are 6-bedroom, 8-bath homes for around $8.5 million. For the uber grand, there are properties that run to $20 million.
Property featuresWhat sets the homes in The Bridges Club apart from other residential communities in Rancho Santa Fe? The Bridges is home to over 250 single-family properties composed of custom homes and villas. These properties range from 2,900 square feet to 12,000 square feet. It’s easy to find detached single-family homes and villas that are designed for space, luxury, and comfort. A typical home comes with multiple bedrooms and bathrooms, as well as a fireplace. Others feature infinity swimming pools, sprawling gardens, and multi-car garages. There are properties that come with built-in wine cellars, spas, and a BBQ area. You can also find homes with private patios designed to wow guests. Tuscan-style architecture blends classical elements with modern touches, evoking an old world European vibe. House exteriors feature thick walls made of sandstone, travertine, and limestone. The materials used allow the home’s exterior to blend with the natural surroundings. For doorways, windows, and archways, it’s normal to see carved marble as an accent. With the warm climate in Rancho Santa Fe, you’ll often see houses with terracotta roofs and floor tiles. Terracotta is a durable material that can withstand extreme weather conditions. It comes with insulating properties and is fire-resistant, so it is perfect for homes in California. Like stonewalls made of limestone and sandstone, terracotta also blends naturally with the surroundings.
The facilities at The Bridges Club at Rancho Santa FeOne of the main highlights of living in The Bridges is the country club. Unlike other clubs, The Bridges is a unique sanctuary for golfers seeking to unwind in relaxing environs. Surrounding the Club are citrus groves that form a part of the Southern California landscape. Becoming a member of the Club is by invitation only. The policy ensures the club’s exclusivity and means that only a select few will get to enjoy its features and amenities. Let’s take a look at what the Club offers its members:
The food in The Bridges lives up to its claim of serving “the freshest and finest cuisine Southern California has to offer.” For starters, members and their guests can feast on organic produce freshly harvested from local community gardens. The restaurant features a team of culinary experts who are adept at concocting customized gastronomic treats.
Dining options also vary according to members’ preferences. The restaurant caters to both casual and formal dining, as well larger events. Guests can enjoy a variety of exquisite menus in any of the three main dining venues: The Grille, the Poolside Cafe, and the Bridges Market.
To complement the scrumptious meals, the Club offers some of the best wine selections in San Diego. Grapes harvested from The Bridges’ vineyard make the finest and most elegant cabernet sauvignon. Long-time Bridges sommelier, Mark Valin, oversees the winery and spearheads wine tastings, blind tasting competitions, and trips to California’s celebrated wine countries like Sta. Barbara and Napa Valley.
Residents will never run out of things to do at The Bridges. The club’s calendar is packed with year-round activities for members of all ages. Enjoy culinary demonstrations led by the club’s head chef. Attend live concerts. Take the whole family to summer camp, and more!
Spa and pool
Looking to relax after a long week? The Club at The Bridges features a full-service day spa for guests needing a little rejuvenation. Qualified therapists administer a variety of massages and body treatments.
If you love the water, you’ll enjoy the club’s saltwater pool heated year-round. There’s a designated area for kids. And club members also have their choice of full showers, saunas, and steam baths.
Tennis and recreationLooking to improve your backhand? Head to The Bridges' Tennis & Recreation Centre. The facility sprawls across five acres and features five lighted tennis courts. It also comes with an exhibition tennis court. Beginners and competitive players may also join the seasonal tournaments. Just beside the center are a multipurpose sports court, a playing field, a covered playground for the kids, and two pickleball courts.
Get fit and healthy inside the 10,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art Bridges Sports Centre. Use the cutting-edge fitness equipment, enroll in customized workout sessions, and work with some of the best trainers in Rancho Santa Fe.
Feel like royalty with over-the-top concierge services. Dedicated personal assistance will accommodate almost any kind of request. Whether you’re preparing for a wedding reception or gearing up for a big birthday bash, the club’s staff will provide all the assistance you need.
Golf at the Bridges Club
Practice facilitiesThe Bridges made sure to provide some of the latest golf practice facilities for its members. It boasts three different tees that focus on different aspects of the game. You also get to enjoy the same swing and club fit technology that pros from the PGA use.
The Professional ShopIf you need to update or upgrade your golfing gear, visit The Bridges’ Professional Shop. Choose from a variety of golfing apparel, health and fitness items, and gifts for friends and family.
World-renowned amenitiesGet to see some of the finest world-renowned golfing amenities only The Bridges can offer. The course comes with two comfort stations covering all your needs like snacks and refreshments.
Things to do in and around The Bridges
Investing in The Bridges Country Club
- A strong sense of exclusivity and community. Residents of The Bridges take pride in belonging to an exclusive community. They are respectful of their neighbors and foster camaraderie by organizing activities and upholding dearly held traditions.
- The sight of the majestic terrain. Whether you’re swinging a golf club or enjoying a hearty lunch with the family, the views of the surrounding nature will leave you in awe.
- Legitimately world-class and prestigious. The Bridges’ golf course will impress any golfing aficionado with its design and amenities. You may even meet some of the best golfers playing on a weekend.
- Top-notch educational institutions. Rancho Santa Fe is home to some of the best schools in the country. You don’t have to worry about the quality of education your children will get.
- A different class of luxury homes. The houses belong to a different class. The architectural elegance coupled with amenities worthy of luxury real estate can all be found in the houses for sale in The Bridges.